Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Peas in My Saddle

I've gone through a lot of saddles.  A lot.  Here are some recent ones.  I started with the Specialized Jet after the bike fitter measured my sit bones, but it felt uncomfortable.  I shrugged it off, hoping that it would magically get better.  Three years later, I measured myself and realized that the saddle was nowhere near wide enough.  Pffles.

Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow: Not wide enough.
Prologo Kappa Pas Pro STN: Not wide enough.
Cobb SHC DRT: Definitely not wide enough.
Selle Anatomica NSX Watershed: Middle too uncomfortable.
WTB Pure V: Not wide enough.
Charge Ladle: Wide enough, but heat build up too great.
I've also ridden Brooks B17 but could not for the life of me break it in nor could I stay on the saddle due to how slippery the top was.

Current saddles:
Adama Racing ISM on my time trial bike
Selle Anatomica X Series on my gravel/road bike

Does saddle sensitivity in personal areas ever go away?

Rains flood the ecosystem on the trail.
Plants grow wherever they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment